You are most likely here because you have perhaps been the victim of a personal injury accident in recent times. These are events that can result in being extremely traumatic on both a physical and emotional level. Oftentimes, these incidents can even make you feel like your damages are simply going to ruin your life. As bleak as you may believe that your future looks, we are here to tell you that is not the case. The truth of the matter is that your accident was caused by someone else’s lack of responsibility.
Due to that, you will need to be compensated for your injuries and the at-fault party will need to be held accountable for their actions. To accomplish this feat, you will need the assistance of the best personal injury lawyer in Florida. This will be a trained professional that will provide you with the necessary tools that will ensure the protection of your rights. Stay tuned to learn more!
Medical Malpractice is a common personal injury accident that can truly leave people with terrible consequences for the rest of their lives. An individual who submits themselves onto medical care does it with the thinking that their safety is generally well taken care of. However, a specific safety code is thus violated by the medical professional performing the specific procedure.
Undoubtedly, you will have to understand that in this case, the health care professional acted poorly. The following step would then be to prove that there was a case of negligence on their behalf. Unfortunately, injuries or physical proof might not be enough to prove negligence.
There needs to be an outside affirmation from another doctor or healthcare professional that corroborates that there was a failure in the execution of the procedure or prescription. In other words, the same procedure that resulted in someone else’s further injuries, is often performed successfully by other health care professionals.
Slip and falls are perhaps the most common personal injury accidents because of how unfortunately often they occur. Just like medical malpractice, these incidents are also triggered by absolute negligence from another party. Those responsible are the owners or safekeepers of where the accident occurred. These incidents tend to always happen in restaurants, stores, office spaces, and private residences. For that reason, the owner failed to uphold their safety code.
Once more, it’s important to prove a lack of responsibility from those involved. By doing so, you will have to prove that a dangerous condition triggered your injuries. In this scenario, it must be corroborated that a hazard had been already noticeable within the establishment. Therefore, the owner noticed that there was a dangerous condition that had not injured anybody yet, but that the likelihood of eventually causing harm was quite high.
Now, came the time where the hazard did result in damages to an unsuspecting individual. The truth of the matter is that the owner or responsible party knew that there was a hazard available, knew it could hurt someone, but still chose to do nothing about it.
Having a competent lawyer by your side can truly help you prove the fault of those who are responsible. In a medical malpractice case, your lawyer can provide the following:
- Talk to the hospital or health care insurance providers for you – These instances are important because they will try to undermine your claims at all costs. Popular tactics by them include stating that your pre-existing conditions influenced an unfortunate result in the procedure. Do not be fooled by this.
- Your lawyer will get in contact with healthcare professionals so that they may provide you with written factual corroborating evidence that it was the doctor’s failure in executing the procedure successfully, in comparison to other doctors doing the same thing.
- Your attorney will also ask the healthcare center for medical reports as evidence, as well as witness accounts from those present in the procedure.
In a Slip and fall case:
- Your attorney will work to conduct a thorough investigation of the events that led to the accident as well as the instances after the injury.
- An investigation includes proving that the hazard was in place for a prolonged period of time and that the party was at fault to ignore the issue.
- Provide you with the compensation you deserve by assessing the severity of your damages and proceeding to add value to them.
- Representing you in court.
We are now confident that the information provided has hopefully given you some clarity on what sorts of legalities arrive with medical malpractice and slip and falls. As we mentioned before, your injuries deserve to be compensated and accounted for. However, the most important takeaway from this is that you need the representation of the best personal injury attorney in Florida to make sure that your rights are protected.