An accident can occur anywhere; the most common are slip and fall accidents. According to research, around 40% of accidents are slip and fall accidents. A slip and fall is considered a personal injury and comes under a premises liability claim category. A personal injury law protects you and your property from physical, emotional, or financial damages. If you have injured yourself because of a slip and fall accident, you can claim compensation for the injuries suffered by you under the guidance of a New Hampshire injury lawyer. Let us learn more about Slip and Fall Accidents:
- Causes of Slip and Fall: The most common reasons for a slip and fall accident are ice or snow in parking lots, driveways, or walkways causing wet or slippery floors, uneven or broken staircases, poor lighting, causing visibility issues, and congested common areas. A property owner can be responsible for accidents occurring in non-maintained regions.
- Injuries in Slip and Fall: The amount of injury you sustain can depend on the degree to which the accident occurred. Generally, in a slip-and-fall accident, people sustain brain injuries, fractured bones, slipped discs and back injuries, nerve damage, blood clotting, neck injury, paralysis, or even death.
- Slip and Fall Personal Injury Case: If you are the victim, you can claim compensation by filing a case against the person whose negligence caused you the damage. You can build a chance to explain to the insurance company, judge, and jury why you were on the property and how the owner is responsible for the accident.
- Legal Criteria for a personal injury case:
- The property owner must have invited you, and you are not a trespasser.
- The owner failed to provide a non-hazardous environment and did not warn you about any condition that could lead to an accident.
- The hazardous condition of the property or the owner’s negligence must be the reason behind your slip and fall.
- The accident has caused severe physical, emotional or financial damage to you.
A slip-and-fall accident can be exhaustive, and if you have suffered one, it is better to have a slip and fall attorney florence sc by your side. An experienced lawyer will help you understand if your slip and fall accident comes under personal injury law and how you can get compensation from the offender. Fighting alone for payment from the insurance company can become difficult as they will find reasons to give you less money than you deserve. So, to get what you are entitled to and get through the incident better, it is always better to take assistance from a professional.